Professor at Centrale Nantes
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Laboratoire de Mathématiques Jean Leray, UMR CNRS 6629
Birthdate: January 5, 1977
Birthplace: Quimper, France
- Since 2010 : Full Professor at Centrale Nantes.
- 2004-2009 : Associate Professor at Université de Nantes.
- 2001-2004 : Adjunct Lecturer at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan and Université Paris 6.
- 2000-2002 : Adjunct Lecturer at Centrale Paris.
Education and degrees
- 2008 : Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches, Université de Nantes.
- 2003 : Ph.D. Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (now Paris-Saclay).
- 2000 : Master of Science degree from Université Pierre et Marie Curie (now Sorbonne Université).
- 1997-2001 : Student-Teacher at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan (now Paris-Saclay).
Numerical analysis, Approximation theory, Probabilistic numerical methods, Statistical learning, Tensor methods, Model order reduction, Uncertainty quantification, Multiscale numerical methods
- Editorial board of SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis (2019-present)
- Editorial board of Advances in Computational Mathematics, Springer (2019-present)
- Editorial board of International Journal for Uncertainty Quantification, Begell House (2018-present)
- Editorial board of Mathematical Problems In Engineering (2011-2013).
- Guest Editor of Advances in Computational Mathematics (Springer), Special issue MoRePaS 2018.
- Guest editor of ScienceOpen Poster Collection MoRePaS 2018.
- Guest Editor of ESAIM:Proceedings, 2014.
- Guest Editor, special issue on “Recent advances in Proper Generalized Decompositions”, Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, 2010.
- Director of the GDR Mascot-Num
(french research network) since 2021, and member of its steering committee since 2011.
- Member of the Administration Board of SMAI (Société de Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles).
- Member of the bureau of the group SMAI-SIGMA (Signal Image Geometry Modeling Approximation) since 2016.
- Member of the steering committee of the GDR Mascot-Num since 2011.
Other societal activities
- Participation to Research Groups : GDR MoMaS (2008-2011), GDR AMORE (since 2011), GDR MANU (since 2016).
- Expert for the funding program of the French National Research Agency (ANR) as member of committee (CES), 2018 et 2019.
- Expert for the funding program of the French National Research Agency (ANR).
- Expert for European Research Council.
- Expert for IWT’s funding program for Strategic Basic Research (SBO) in Belgium.
- Expert for the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- Expert for INRIA.
- Expert for the funding programme of Ville de Paris.
- Expert for HCERES in 2018, 2019.
- Thesis reviewer at Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan, Université Blaise Pascal, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, Ecole des Mines de Douai, Université de Lille, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Université Paris 13, University of Brno, Technische Universität Braunschweig, ETH Zurich, Université Paris-Est, Université Paris-Sud, Université Joseph Fourier, Université de La Rochelle, Université de Toulouse, Université de Rennes, Université Paris Sciences et Lettres, Université Paris-Saclay, Université de Liège, Université de Lyon, Université Paris Diderot, Université de recherche Paris Sciences et Lettres, Mines Saint-Etienne, Université de Tours, Université de Ulm, ENS Paris-Saclay, Université de Strasbourg.
- Participation to recruiting committees for positions of assistant or full professors in Université de
La Rochelle, Université de Nantes, Université Paul Sabatier, Université de Nancy, IFMA Clermont- Ferrand, Ecole Centrale Nantes, Université Paris 6, Université Paris-Est, Mines Saint-Etienne, Centrale Lyon.
- Reviewer for international journals: Foundations of Computational Mathematics, SIAM J. Sci-
entific Computing, Constructive Approximation, SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, SIAM J. Uncertainty Quantification, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Journal of Computational Physics, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, Applied Mathematics and Computation, International Journal for Multiscale Computational Engineering, Physica D : Nonlinear Phenomena, Comptes Rendus de l’Académie des Sciences, European J. for Computa- tional Mechanics, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, International J. of Computer Mathematics, Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics, Proceedings of the Royal Society A, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Applied Mathematics Letters
Organization of conferences and workshops
- Chairman and organizer of SMAI 2019.
- Chairman and organizer of the conference MoRePaS 2018, Nantes, April 10-13, 2018
- Chairman and organizer of the conference Mascot-Num 2018, Nantes, March 21-23, 2018
- Co-organizer of the conference SIGMA, 30 mar.-3 Apr., CIRM, Marseille, 2020
- Executive committee of the conference Mascot-Num 2019, Rueil-Malmaison, March 18-20, 2019
- Co-organizer of the workshop "Stochastic simulators", March 11, 2021, Online.
- Co-organizer of the international workshop “Numerical methods for high-dimensional problems”,
- Co-organizer of the international workshops “Reduced Basis, POD and PGD model reduction
techniques”: Cachan, November 2012, Blois, November 2013, Cachan November 2015.
- Co-organizer of the workshop “Journées MOMAS Multiphasiques”, Nice, 5-7 October 2015.
- Co-organizer of the workshop “TYCHE: modélisations stochastiques en grande dimension pour la
propagation et la quantification d’incertitudes en mécanique”, Paris, 6-7 December 2012.
- Co-organizer of the national workshop “Journées CSMA 2010”, Nantes, 2010.
- Co-organizer of the national conference “JFMS 2008”, Nantes 2008.
- Organizer of the working meeting “Stochastic Spectral Methods”, IHP, Paris, May 11th 2012
- Co-organizer of minisymposia in international conferences (WCCM 2012 in Brazil, SIAM Linear
Algebra 2012 in Spain, SIAM UQ 2014, ICIAM 2015, SIAM UQ 2016, UNCECOMP 2017, ICIAM 2019, SIAM UQ 2020).
- Co-organizer of minisymposia in national conferences (Giens2009, JFMS2010, MascotNum2012)
- Member of the scientific committee of conferences: CSMA 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017, JFMS 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016, UNCECOMP 2015 and 2017, CSMA 2015, Workshop Reduced Basis POD and PGD model reduction techniques 2013 et 2015, MoRePaS 2018, Mascot-Num 2020, Mascot-Num 2021.
Awards and fellowships
- John Argyris award, 2010.
- Young Researchers Programme Grant from the French National Research Agency, 2006-2009.
- Ph.D. fellowship from the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, 2000-2003.
- Ph.D Students: A. Clément, H. Yanez-Godoy, W.D. Lian, L. Giraldi, O. Zahm, P. Rai, E. Safatly, Q. Ayoul-Guilmard, O. Balabanov, E. Grelier, C. Haberstich, A. Macherey
- Post-doctoral research associates: A. Clément, G. Stefanou, G. Bonithon, F. Pled, L. Giraldi, M. Ali.
Schools and Tutorials
- Co-organizer of the summer school CEMRACS 2013 (“Modelling and simulation of complex sys- tems: stochastic and deterministic approaches”), CIRM, Marseille, July-August 2013.
- Co-organizer of the Oberwolfach seminar: “Projection Based Model Reduction: Reduced Basis Methods, POD and Low-Rank tensor approximations”, Oberwolfach, November 23-29, 2014.
- Co-organizer of the ”Workshop CHORUS: A tutorial on Model order reduction for parametric analyses and uncertainty quantification with applications”, IHP, Paris, 20 mars 2014.
- Co-organizer of the summer school CEA/EDF/INRIA “Reduced Order Models for numerical sim- ulation”, Paris, 20-24 June, 2016.
- Courses in summer schools and tutorials: Conference JFMS, Nantes, 2008; Summer school ECODOQUI November 2008; French-German Summer school, Pforzheim, Germany, August 2011; French- German Summer School, Porquerolles, September 2014; Ateliers ESNT, Saclay, February 2014; Workshop Chorus, March 2014, Oberwolfach Seminar, November 2014; Ateliers ESNT, Saclay, January 2015; Summer school CEA/EDF/INRIA, 20-24 June, 2016. IHP quarter on Numerical Methods for PDEs, Cargese, September 5-9, 2016. Workshop Frontier Technologies for High-Dimensional Problems and Uncertainty Quantification, Linz, 14-21 December, 2018. Model Order Reduction Summer School, Eindhoven, September 23-27, 2019. Workshop Learning and simulation in high dimension, Airbus Group, Paris, June 25-27, 2019.
Responsabilities at Centrale Nantes
- Member of the Administration Board of Centrale Nantes, since 2020.
- Head of the training programme in "Mathematics and Applications" at Centrale Nantes, since 2014.